Hungary Golden Visa

"The Hungarian Residency Bond" program offers non-EU nationals, fast-track permanent long term residence status in Hungary, who buy 300,000 euro worth of Hungarian government treasury bonds with 5 year lockout period. After 5 years the full money is given back, without revoking PR status. No requirement to live in Hungary. Family and children also get immediate permanent residence status.


  • Lifetime EU permanent residence status (EC permanent residence card)
  • Family and children get PR under family unification.
  • Fast track residence permit in Hungary within 2 weeks
  • No language tests. No medical tests. No education requirement.
  • Low cost of living in Central Europe.
  • Visa free movement in Schengen. Live in any EU Schengen country for 6 months maximum
  • Live and work in Hungary
  • Financing option possible for the entire investment.
  • Risk free investment for 5 years in Euros
  • Open to all country nationals. No restrictions on Iran, Syria, Iraq nationals

Hungary bond program has been closed from 31 March 2017. We now offer Malta Golden visa program as an alternative for Hungary for all inclusive price of EUR 125,000 (financing Govt bonds). Please see Malta residency bond program. You can contact us see below


Government Bonds: €300,000
Government fees: non-refundable €60,000 euros (includes family, all administrative and service costs)

Total investment costs: €360,000 euros (all inclusive package)

The processing time is 21 days to issue National permanent residence permit, which is issued under economic interest. Please refer to national permanent residence permit issued under economic investment activity

Financing option available. You can see detailed fees


Hungary bond program has been closed from 31 March 2017.

We now offer Malta Golden visa program as alternative for Hungary for all inclusive price of EUR 125,000 (financing Govt bonds) . It is a schengen permanent residency, includes family and 30,000 EUR Govt fee. Read Malta residency bond program. You can also contact us see below

How it works?

  1. Sign contract with immigration consultant (us)
  2. We prepare initial application and do quick check on documents
  3. Pay €60,000 to consultant bank account and €300,000 to Government bond fund account
  4. Apply at Hungarian embassy in your country for residence permit with investment fund share certificate and other documents, including rented lease in Budapest). After 2 weeks will be approved, you will be given D visa to visit Hungary for 30 days to complete the formalities.
  5. You must come to Budapest(Hungary) in person for fingerprinting and reporting with Immigration office, ot collect temporary residence permit card
  6. After 6 months, this card will be converted to National settlement Permit valid for 5 years and then renewed thereafter for another 5 years.
  7. Family and children apply for hungarian residency at hungarian consulate, under "family unification" with the copy of your RP card
  8. After 5 years of living in Hungary, you and family can apply for Permanent residence status, issued with 10 year validity (optional).
  9. You can naturalize for hungarian citizenship after 8 years of living (hungarian language needed)

You can see the full procedure.


What is Hungary Golden visa?

“The Hungarian Investment Immigration Program (“Program”) allows third country nationals (non-European Union citizens) to acquire Hungary’s permanent residency status through investing in Special Hungarian Government Bonds that have a minimum 5-year maturity and are issued by the State through the Government Debt Management Agency (“AKK”).

Is Hungary a schengen country?

Yes, Hungary signed the schengen agreement. The visas and residence permits issued by Hungary is valid in all schengen states, including Switzerland. The currency in Hungary is "Hungarian forint (HUF) which is approximately 300 forints for 1 euro.

What are the steps involved to apply?

First, apply for D visa to visit Hungary first time at the Hungarian embassy/consulate in home country, showing the papers for purchase of Government bonds 300,000 euro through approved lawyer in Hungary.

Visit Hungary immigration office (BAH) to receive 6 month temporary residence permit (TRP).

After 6 months, TRP is converted to Permanent residence permit ("National settlement permit issued under economic interest) valid for 5 years and then renewed later for another 5 years.

Can i live and visit EU Schengen member states?

Yes, with a valid Hungarian ID card (residence permit card), you visit all the 25 schengen states for business or tourism purpose. You can also live in these countries for maximum 180 days in 6 month period, 

AT Austria BE Belgium BG Bulgaria CH Switzerland CY Cyprus CZ Czech Republic DE Germany DK Denmark EE Estonia EL Greece ES Spain FI Finland FR France HR Croatia HU Hungary IE Ireland IS Iceland IT Italy LI Liechtenstein LT Lithuania LU Luxembourg LV Latvia MT Malta NL Netherlands NO Norway PL Poland PT Portugal RO Romania SE Sweden SI Slovenia SK Slovakia UK 

You can also visit Non-Schengen EU member states with Hungarian residence card such as

Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, Cyprus, Bosnia, Moldova, Montenegro, Georgia. You can also visit Turkey with e-visa using your Hungarian card.

UK does not belong to Schengen zone, so to visit UK you will need a separate UK visa. Hungarian card is not valid to visit UK.

Is the Golden visa  bond program approved by the Government?

Yes, it is fully backed by the Hungarian Government.

Law here:

Is financing possible under this scheme

Yes, it can be arranged. 

What is the time frame involved?

2 weeks to 1 month

Is the Government fee paid refundable?

No, it is a non-refundable payment once your application is approved.

What happens after 5 year lockout period?

  • You will get back the 300,000 euros, money you paid after 5 years (no-interest paid).
  • You will still keep the PR issued by Hungary.
  • No need to subscribe the Fund’s shares again.
  • There will be no change in Permanent resident status 

What are the eligibility conditions to apply  under the scheme?

  1. The main applicant must be over the age of 18.
  2. No criminal records.
  3. Spouse included
  4. Children under age of 18.
  5. The applicant needs to purchase the share of Hungary Govt Bond Fund which in turn purchases the EUR 300,000 Hungary State Special Debt Bonds with lock-up period of 5 years.
  6. No interest will be paid during or after the lock-up period.
  7. No language, age, or working experience requirement.

What if the application is rejected by Hungarian authorities?

Please refer to Refund Policy. We provide partial refund of the costs.

Are there any residency requirements to live in Hungary?

Once granted the permanent residency, there is no residency obligation to live in Hungary. However they are free to enter and exit any schengen country. 

Can we get PR status for newly born children?

If the child is newly born in Hungary, then parents (holding PR status) can file directly with the local immigration office BAH for the child’s permanent residency application.

Is it possible to get Hungarian citizenship under this program?

Yes, you can get Hungarian citizenship and passport after 8 years of living through naturalization. You will also need to pass Hungarian language test and take an oath.

Can i work under the golden visa scheme?

Yes, you or your family members are allowed to work under the scheme.

Can i buy a real estate in Budapest?

Yes, with the residence permit card, you are allowed to buy housing or real estate property in Hungary. The prices are cheap usually a nice flat in a central area costs from 60,000 euros.

But this only after you get approved under the golden visa scheme. 

Can i get residency visa if i buy only real estate, if not under residency bond scheme?

No you cannot get residence visa, just buying a real estate. Only buying Government bonds will get you residence visa to Hungary.

Do i need to rent housing accommodation under the bond program?

Yes, renting a house/flat is one of the requirements to apply for residency bond program. After you receive your residence card, you can buy a flat to live.

Do i need to pay taxes in Hungary?

Only if you live more than 183 days per year, you become a tax resident. The hungarian tax authority (NAV) will issue you a tax id card, and it is recommend to have one.

Does Hungary permit dual citizenship?


What is the difference between "Temporary residence permit" and "Permanent residence permit" ?

Temporary residence permit (TRP) has limited validity (say for 2,3,5 years), while Permanent settlement permit has unlimited validity.

Can EEA/EU citizens apply under this program?

No, this scheme is only open for third country nationals outside EU.

What are the approval and success rates?

We have had 100%  succesful approval rates, as we do a quick due diligence on clients and let them know beforehand if they can get approved.

Are you Government authorized agent for the Hungarian bond program?


Can US citizens apply under this program?

Yes, we welcome Americans to apply under this route and we also encourage real estate investment in Budapest.

See here for more FAQs

Permanent Residence in Europe

Immediate PR status within 6 months.

No Residence Requirements

No requirement to live in Hungary with PR.

Free Schengen Movement

Live or work in any Schengen country including Germany, Switzerland etc..

Hungarian Citizenship

After 8 years, apply for Hungarian citizenship.

Contact us

Hungary Golden visa - Contact us for private consultation

Contact Us

Sign up for private consultation

Please contact us for meetings or private consultations.

Contact us